Vice-Principal and Registrar
A part-time program leading to the Bachelor of Arts degree was established in 1905 at the University of Toronto. In 1920 the Department (subsequently Division) of University Extension was organized, and offered both credit and non-credit courses. On January 1, 1974 a College was constituted to offer credit courses primarily for part-time students. The College was named in honour of J.S. Woodsworth, who "had a very strong interest in broadening the educational opportunities for those who did not have a chance to obtain their education at the usual stage". This College is a multi-faculty constituent college, and is open to both part-time and full-time students, although it is mainly concerned with meeting the needs of part-time students.
Woodsworth College offers courses in two sessions: Summer Sessions (May to August); and the Winter Session (September to May). A special feature of Woodsworth College is the Academic Support Program provided to students of the College, which includes the resources of the Computer Laboratory, the Mathematics Laboratory, and the Writing Laboratory. Further information may be obtained from Woodsworth College, 119 St. George Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 1A9 (416) 978-4444.
All contents copyright ©, 1998. University of Toronto. All rights reserved.